The Reluctant Housewife or Dorothy Parker Ate My Puppy

"When I got married, I said to my therapist, 'I want to do something creative.' He said, 'Why don't you have a baby?' I hope he's dead now." Joy Behar

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happiness is the new despair

An unreasonable sense of wellbeing has come over me. Thank God the drugs work. I'm no longer trying to live through a miasma of pain and depression. I've discovered motivation. For most of my life I've been a vortex of inactivity (oxymoron?) but now I'm almost normal. Imagine me doing a little happy dance.

I'd forgotten how exhausting working can be. Do you remember when you were small and being peevish? And your parents explained that you were 'overtired'? I stumbled in from work and became a monster or whining. The German's used to it.