The Reluctant Housewife or Dorothy Parker Ate My Puppy

"When I got married, I said to my therapist, 'I want to do something creative.' He said, 'Why don't you have a baby?' I hope he's dead now." Joy Behar

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A list

to look back on when I'm old (if I ever get that far - dubious now I have started smoking again)

I:

  • hate spiders but love snakes
  • adore coats - seem to collect them. Am always looking for the perfect, elegant winter coat
  • am the queen of procrastination
  • didn't lose my virginity until I was almost 20.
  • eat a portion of fruit and veg about once every three weeks. I have the eating habits of a badly brought up todder
  • I love offal - kidneys, heart, liver, mmmmm
  • love oysters but not with Guinness
  • love the desert
  • really quite dislike Alistair McGowan
  • vote Conservative (every time)
  • think Jeremy Clarkson & I would get on famously
  • think it's OK to hunt foxes
  • have a small crush on Boris Johnson
  • read the Times
  • went to Convent School
  • can't stand strawberries
  • colour my hair (natural redhead)
  • read at least 4 books a week
  • am almost on my overdaft (sic) limit
  • eat my steak almost raw
  • love my feather duvet
  • dream of owning chickens, and peacocks
  • am poor
  • would love to be blonde
  • have never been to America
  • think that Harrods is hell
  • and Selfridges might be heaven
  • have a 25 inch waist, but only because I hardly eat (carbohydrates & oval the exceptions)
  • have never kept a diary before this blog
  • am a nail biter
  • wax my toes