The Reluctant Housewife or Dorothy Parker Ate My Puppy

"When I got married, I said to my therapist, 'I want to do something creative.' He said, 'Why don't you have a baby?' I hope he's dead now." Joy Behar

Friday, August 19, 2005

Repress those feelings!


This afternoon a technician of some sort's going to scan my bones to see if I've got osteoporosis - at 28. My zoladex injections may be leaching the calcium from my bones. I would be depressed about it all - no money, no status, no anything, but after years of chanelling my fluffy side, crying wih my therapist and reading self-help books I've decided to REPRESS all those feelings as only an English person can. I've done it before and I can do it again. Scarlett - you're my heroine from now on. I'm going to copy that selfish, determined and scheming minx until my life is back on track and I stop feeling sorry for myself. Of course, I intend to keep my man.