The Reluctant Housewife or Dorothy Parker Ate My Puppy

"When I got married, I said to my therapist, 'I want to do something creative.' He said, 'Why don't you have a baby?' I hope he's dead now." Joy Behar

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Chapped hands and a Rotting Brain

Times Quick Crossword. 9 across, keep safe (8). Cannot think of the answer. Portent of early demenita or a by product of my boredom?

My father claims that an intelligent person is never bored, but it would be more sensible to state that a motivated person is never bored. So, where has my motivation gone? It disappeared sometime in 2000 and hasn't reappeared since. Perhaps this is what housewifery does to you. Give me five years and I'll be a valium riddled washing up obsessed harridan with immaculate hair and no converstion. Gosh. I fear it has already happened.

A couple of years on incapacity benefit for an endochrine disorder has reduced me to a dependent, on par with a child in terms of the ability to fend for myself in the wicked world.